Friday, January 13, 2012

Sleepless in Seattle

Well we just got back from a week in Seattle, WA. My first ever trip to that part of the northwest, and can I just say... I loved it. I wish I was not dealing with morning sickness that happened to hit me the day before we left. Folks I don't know who came up with morning sickness, but it is an all day experience let me tell you. This pregnancy so far is so different than my last. I don't remember being sick hardly at all with Annie, and now I am in it full throttle every day. I just have to remember that it will all be worth it in the end, and I am so thankful that God has blessed us again with pregnancy. Anyway, back to our Seattle trip. Prepare for an overload of pics. We left Annie behind with Deb and Durie and she had so much fun I don't think she even missed us at all.

First she had to say goodbye to uncle Ben and Aunt Bri since she wasn't going to Seattle with us.

Bethany and I got to fly out together to meet our men who were already there. We were surprised by how tiny our first plane was from Knoxville to Chicago. It felt a little cramped....just a little.

Drinking our in flight drinks. I had no idea Bethany liked tomato juice. No thank you for me, i'll stick with the cran-apple juice.

I thought this was awesome. At the chicago airport they had these covers on the toilet seats. Yeah I know it's gross I took a picture, but I love how you just wave your hand over the sensor and it spins our a new fresh cover.


 Bethany and I visited some shops at Bellvue while they guys were taking care of their customers. The whole reason we were all there. What stores did we visit you ask. Ohh You know we put on our fancy Tarje (Target) attire and decided to visit a few stores where we seriously considered making some purchases.
Bethany almost bought this $400.00 Louis Vuitton clutch.

She had to talk me out of buying this $750.00 purse. 

Then we went to Hermes, where apparently this store was originally created for horse tack and gear. Now they sell $1,000.00 belts for women.
The Price

The Belt.

All that was nothing compared to this $13,000.00 fur coat. Of course neither of us decided to buy this since we don't support the killing of animals for fashion.

This is Mount Rainier, unfortunately this was the only pic I got of it. Never really had a great view. We wanted to visit but we went to Snoqualmie Pass instead.

 Breakfast at Mitzels. Delicious eggs benedict.

A view driving into downtown Seattle.


Random totem pole in the middle of downtown. did't take the time to learn why it was there. It may have just been random, or there might have been some history or significant meaning to it. Oh well, I will never know.

 Grabbing our starbucks before exploring the city.


The ports were so awesome to look at. All those huge cargo ships with thousands of pods on them filled with stuff from all over the world.
Cool carving. Bethany was getting her but kissed by the whale. Yeah! I know...she's crazy.

The market. If I lived here I would get fresh fruit and veggies all the time. I probably wouldn't be hitting this area up, because I am not a big fan of seafood. But it was cool to see. This is where sleepless in Seattle had some scenes.

Scott got some dungeoness crab, and loved it. This crab was on every menu in every restaurant we went to. Even on eggs benedict, which I am told was very good. I will never know.

Beautifully created bouquets of flowers

The original Starbucks ever. Major line waiting to go in.

SStanding in front of a cheese shop where they make the cheese right there. I literally almost threw up when the guys made us taste some cheese without telling us what kind it was. It was blu cheese and it was disgusting. I'm not a fan of blu cheese to start with, but mix that with morning sickness nauseousness, and you have a girl who ran out of the store crying almost puking on everyone on the way out. 


The fresh Produce.
This is the seat Tom Hanks sat in, in the movie Sleepless in Seattle.


The Ports


Eating some of our yummy food from the market.

 Bethany kissing the great wall of gum. Yuck! (she didn't really touch it, don't worry)
Snoqualmie Falls
 Big beautiful trees. You don't see these in the Smokies.
Driving to find snow.......and getting close.

 I have never seen anything like this before back home.
 SNOW FIGHT!!!!
 Beautiful scenery. not found in the mountains of Tennessee. It's beautiful back home, but out in the west, it's just a different beauty altogether.
 We found Snow!!! climbing a random hill.
 More beautiful trees.
 We found a ski slope

Kissing picture.




Alright, now that have bored you with millions of pics, and stories  I am going to stop here, and continue our trip in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment