Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Prayer and the new Year


So as I was doing my reading this morning,(yes, I actually sat down and had a little devotion, thank you Lord for discipline) I read some wise words on prayer. I don't think about my prayer life very often. Sure I pray before I eat, and when I go to bed, but is that enough. Should that be all the time I devote to spending and talking with my heavenly father. My personal time with him, where I can share everything on my heart, and ask for things, and just be in his presence. Well, Spurgeon makes a good point when he says "We may be certain that whatever God has made prominent in His Word, He intended to be conspicuous in our lives. If He has said much about prayer, it is because He knows we have much need of it. So deep are our necessities, that until we are in heaven we must not cease to pray. Dost thou want nothing? Then, I fear, thou dost not know thy poverty. Hast thou no mercy to ask of God? Then my the Lords mercy show thee thy misery. A prayerless soul is a Christless soul. Pray that this year thou mayest be holy, humble, zealous, and patient; have closer communion with Christ, and enter oftener into the banqueting-house of His love. Pray that thou mayest be an example and a blessing unto others, and that thou mayest live more to the glory of thy Master. The motto of this year must be "Continue in Prayer."" I pray that this would be true in my life, and this year would be full of prayer to God. He wants us to come to him, and draw near to him to ask him for things.



Her are some pics from my phone of.......
Annie Cheering on the UT mens basketball team at a game we went to with Walt and Kim. Thanks for inviting us guys, we had a great time.
Ben and crazy Aunt Bri, hanging with their nieces and nephews before they have to pack up and leave us.
And tada! Scott built his new grill. Notice the major upgrade between the one on the right,(old) and the one on the left(new). We grilled brats last night and used it for the first time. It was awesome. I love brats!!!!!!

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment