Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year New Goals

So I have decided to set some goals this coming new year. Nothing Big I just want to read some books and make it all the way through them without falling behind and quitting. I'm sure i'll fall behind, but I don't want to quit. You know how it goes. It's a brand new year, so you make these new year resolutions, and get all excited about keeping them.........Then you're one week into it, and you find yourself falling behind already..........then the next few weeks life gets busy and you don't have time, then before you know you've quit altogether and its the end of the year and you are setting new goals and resolutions. Well I am going to attempt to do it again. This coming year a few books I would like to read are,

"Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney
"Love that Lasts" by Gary and Betsy Riccucci
"When I don't Desire God" by John Piper.

Those are just to start with. It's been a while since I read the first two, and I find that it is very refreshing for me to remember that my marriage isn't about me and I what I want, and what I'm not getting that my heart desires. Maybe in the sense that I am a sinner and I screw up all the time it could be about me. But I want to remember Gods purpose for marriage, and I am always encouraged to love my husband and serve him more when I read those books, and so I thought, Hey! It's a new year so I can start fresh. The Piper book I put on their because well, I've been trying to read that book for like three years now. I always read a little at a time then I end up giving up.

So Here's to the New Year and New Goals!





Have you made your New Years Resolutions yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment