Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wilderness in the Smokies, and a lonely Valentine

Well this has been a busy few weeks, so lets dive right into the good stuff. Pictures, because there are lots of them. 

For Our niece Lucy's birthday we celebrated by going to Wilderness in the Smokies, an indoor water park that is part of a resort. We spent Friday night up there and swam Friday and Saturday. They had a couple kid areas for Annie, and a wave pool and some tube rides. It was pretty fun. I loved that it was warm and toasty inside, and snowing outside. here is Annie on a see-saw in the kiddie area.
You may not be able to tell here, but there is water shooting up from under the chair into Annies rear. She did enjoy the experience despite her face in this pic which would suggest otherwise. Haha.

I tried this flo-rider boarding ride. You can either try riding on a boogie board on your stomach, or ride a board kind of like a wakeboard which is what I did with out much luck. It was so much harder than I thought it was going to be. Hard to control it with water shooting at you. It was fun trying though. Don't forget I am 12 weeks pregnant here, but when I fell I didn't fall too hard. I like to say I couldn't balance because of being pregnanct. Haha.


Every once in a while Annie's little lips would turn purple and she would be shaking, so we would take her and snuggle up with her until she warmed up and was ready to take on the water again.

Playing in the wave pool. She was very brave, always trying to walk right out into the big waves when they were going.

Annie loved this swing that was over the water in the kid area.
                                                
My true love was away from me on Valentines Day due to a business trip, but he left me some cards and a very large bag of Hershey's Kisses. All those kisses represented how many kisses and wished he could have been giving me that day. I thought that was very romantic and sweet. I didn't get a picture of it, but my gift to Scott was a basket full of goodies for his trip. Lots of snacks for the road and such.
I do feel bad because I didn't really make it special for my little Annie. I know she won't remember it anyway at this age but I was still feeling pretty sick with nausea, and it was hard to do anything. Scott and I decided we would celebrate it together when I am feeling better anyway. It's no fun to go out to eat when you can't enjoy any of the food. 

Stay tuned for my next post on our trip to Las Vegas.
Yours Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment