Friday, June 22, 2012

10 Weeks and counting....

It is officially TEN! weeks til we are due to have this baby, which in reality probably means I won't see him for another 11 weeks at least. And although his room is not finished and he doesn't have a name yet, i'm not too stressed. I am definitely more ready to have this baby out this time around. It is still fun getting to feel him move around inside me, but I can't wait to meet him in person, and not be dealing with what seems like every symptom you can have in pregnancy (well maybe not every symptom). I have been feeling ok for the most part, but the bigger I get and the hotter it gets outside, it is becoming quite unpleasant. I think the biggest problem I have right now is not sleeping well at night, then having to get up with Annie and take care of her during the day while I feel exhausted from lack of sleep. But since I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world, he has been so helpful with Annie when he is home in the mornings and at night. I better get used to it though because I know it is not going to get any easier once the baby comes and I am up feeding him all night, then having to care for two during the day. I trust that God will give me grace in my time of need though, and he will be my strength. This is what he has called me to be. What an adventure this will be. Women do it all the time and that gives me hope, HAHA. In all seriousness I am very excited to meet our little man and have two children. Here is my 30 week pic as of this morning.
     So we have been filling our days lately with going to the splash pad at the zoo and the one at the park which has been so fun. Although it feels like 100 degrees out, the kids love playing in the water. Annie loves going with "TyTy" and "Bibby" and running around with them. The first time we went she was very leery of the water splashing everywhere and shooting out from all over, but since we have gone several times now, she loves getting out there and filling her little bucket up so she can go dump it out at some random place only to go fill it up again and do the same thing over and over and over again the whole time we are there. I love that girl! She also got her first little shiner the other night. She was playing on the couch and tripped and fell face first into the end table. It turned black and blue right away and swelled up. We felt so bad for her and babied her the rest of the night.  You can see a little of the black eye in these pics.
We got so hot at the zoo the other day we had to get ourselves some ice cream. Little did I know as we were posing for this pic to send to daddy, Annie was about to lick the ice cream with a mouth full of dorito's, and yes, she did leave them behind for me. I guess she thought I would like dorito/mint flavored ice cream. HaHa.
    So June 14th was Scott and I's 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it has been 4 years already, and I am even more in love with that man now than ever before. He is the peanut butter to my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, he is the hop to my skip, the milk to my cookies, the....well you get the point. He was out of town on the day of our anniversary but was able to make it back that evening around ten o'clock. So Annie and I went to Chick-fil-a for dinner to celebrate. Scott actually planned a wonderful getaway overnight in gatlinburg that weekend. We had dinner at the Melting Pot, played putt putt golf, and stayed overnight at a nice hotel. The next day we had a delicious breakfast at the Pancake Pantry, then Scott said we could do whatever I wanted from shopping for a new outfit at the outlets, to doing the new Titanic thing in pigeon forge. We ended up going home because I want to wait to shop until after I am pregnant, and we thought it would be more fun to take Annie with us to the titanic thing. For some reason we just love taking her to things and seeing what she thinks of them, more than what we think.  I don't really have any pics from that unfortunately but here are some beautiful flowers I have growing out front. I love the vibrant colors.

Here is where I got them from. The only place that gets the most sun in our whole yard.
 I forgot to mention that on our Anniversary even though Scott was out of town I got a special delivery from him from edible arrangements. Let me just tell you... This....made....my...day.... They came right after annie and I got back from the gym so I was starving hungry but wanted something healthy to eat, and then this lovely bouquet showed up. Everything was so fresh and juicy and it's making me hungry right now just thinking about it. He was so sweet to do this for me. Don't worry I saved some for him to enjoy when he got back.
 This little stinker thoroughly enjoyed it with me. Her favorite part was eating them off the sticks they came on.
 I have been trying to get Annie to enjoy some other activities so she doesn't get bored with her same toys in the house she has to play with over and over again every day. Plus it's so fun exposing her to new things like finger paint. We started with a paint brush, then it just got down and dirty from there. Here is after she finished her version of Van gough. I think more paint was on her body than the paper. She loved it and I didn't care how messy it was because first of all it was washable, and anyways, I just let her play with the hose after she was done and she pretty much cleaned herself up while having fun with the water..
 Scott went out of town again this week so I visited Peter and Bethany while mom was helping them tile their bathroom. Here are the ladies hard at work.
 And here are the kids hard at play. Peter was watching them while I just hung out while mom and Bethany worked. Annie loves playing with Hudson too. Annie loves all her cousins so much, and it is so fun watching them get older and interact more with each other.
 Getting all cozy and snuggly after playing outside.


 Recently scott has been on this Sonic milkshake thing, so we have been going and getting milkshakes at Sonic after dinner a couple of evenings. Of course since it was after dinner it was close to Annie's bedtime and drinking a milkshake before having to go to bed was not a good combination for us. She would lay in her bed wide awake, making all kinds of noises and fussing some because she was wired from the sugar, before finally drifting off to sleep at like ten o clock at night. But hey! It's summer time and it's fun doing things like this as a family every once and a while. We all really enjoyed the milkshakes too, especially this little girl.




As you have heard me mention Scott has been traveling out of town for business a lot lately so when he goes away, I try to find some way to make myself busy by working on the kids rooms or doing some sort of project to help pass the time. I think that I have been nesting a little too as they call it. While away on one of his trips, mom came over and helped me paint Annie's new room (It's the same green as her other room was because it matched her fabric the best from her baby bedding). I decided to keep the same color scheme for her from her baby room because I love the colors and you can easily turn it into a cute toddler room using the same colors but just throwing a few extra things in there. On another trip Scott took I threw all her stuff on the walls and painted the circles you see in the pic, and brought all her closet stuff over, and toys. Now the only things left to move into her new room is her dresser clothes(which I need to still get a dresser) and the little girl herself.

 And on another trip Scott took, I decided to paint the babies room. Since I am going for Safari theme I stuck with a good tan on the walls and I will dress them up with decorations. I went shopping and found some great African animal figures of moms and babies and thought they would go perfect. I can't believe I found these guys at Burlington Coat Factory. Who knew?
 This below was from Hobby Lobby. I know this doesn't look much like a babies room but I love this theme so much and I don't think the baby will care what his room looks like until he's like 10 years old or something like that. Don't worry I will still put some stuff up to help stimulate him as they say. I'm not finished yet, this is just so far.
 And here are some cute elephants that were also at hobby lobby. There are really some cute things on pottery barn kids too that I like, but I have to slow down on the spending right now, especially since there are more important things to purchase like sheets and bedding and stuff for when he actually gets here. My mom is actually going to make the bedding for me as soon as we figure out the fabrics we like. I'll show you all that stuff later.

Well that's it for now
Your Truly

2 comments:

  1. Getting close. It's baby time in tn. I'm gonna have two nephews in two months. Holla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your baby bump! You make prego look so pretty :) Watch, I bet I'll turn into a blimp when it's my turn! Ohhhh, gosh I hope not :)
    I love annie's little artwork! She such a cute little painter! And your garden looks so beautiful! Way to go! Love and miss you guys and can't wait to be home with you!

    ReplyDelete